The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 6:14am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
how to simulate spectreVerilog from command line? (Read 2046 times)
Antara

how to simulate spectreVerilog from command line?
Jul 31st, 2008, 6:42am

Hi all,
        I am facing problem while running spectreVerilog from command line. When simulation is done through cadence's analog environment window an executable file called runSimulation is obtained.
When this file is made to run from command line, the simulation is complete for spectre simulation, but it terminates for spectreVerilog after few steps, and 'segmentation faults' is shown in the command window.
      Please can any one tell me how to solve this problem.

View Profile   IP Logged
jbdavid
Community Fellow

Silicon Valley
Re: how to simulate spectreVerilog from command line?
Reply #1 - Aug 4th, 2008, 12:39pm

do you have a valid path to the verilog-xl or ncverilog executable with the verimix code compiled in? The first thing I would suspect in this situation is that the Verilog simulator is failing to start.. - ie you are running on solaris, but pointing to a linux executable for the verilog..
-- But I'm hoping that my last brush with this tool 4 years ago is my LAST one.. AMS is so much better!

jbd

jbdavid
Mixed Signal Design Verification
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.