The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 21st, 2024, 12:24am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
time-average of the noise (Read 1262 times)
youchen

time-average of the noise
Aug 06th, 2008, 2:54pm

Hi, when I read the Spectre reference for 'pnoise', there is the sentence of "The time-average of the noise at the output of the circuit is computed in the form of a spectral density versus frequency". I have some difficulty understanding what "time-average of the noise" means.

Also, is 'pnoise' the proper analysis to calculate period jitter of a ring oscillator? The analysis 'pss' is run ahead of 'pnoise', so I also have difficulty understanding what the periodic steady state within each cycle is for a ring oscillator (the settled high/low state or the threshold crossing state)?

Further, which simulator (and its associated analysis) can calculate the timing jitter for digital logic circuits resulting from device noise, like thermal, shot and flicker noise?

thanks for your time and help.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.