The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 18th, 2024, 6:45pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bringing Parasitics from Ext to Sch view for simulation. (Read 3662 times)
eng
Community Member

USA
Bringing Parasitics from Ext to Sch view for simulation.
Aug 14th, 2008, 2:50pm

Hi all,
I want to automatically include the backannotated parasitic RLC in my schematic so that when I run different set of simulations I can see the exact performance.

I use Calibre PEX to extract RC and use Diva LVS to backannotate on the schematic. However Diva LVS only shows r,c as text on the lines. Then, I need to put the caps and resistors with these values from the analogLib. Repeating this process for every circuit is not efficient. Is there any way to bring extracted layout parasitics to the schematic as parasitic RLC elements automatically?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
eng

« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2008, 7:16am by eng »  
View Profile   IP Logged
aaron_do
Senior Fellow

Re: Bringing Parasitics from Ext to Sch view for simulation.
Reply #1 - Aug 15th, 2008, 7:06pm

Hi,

sorry this isn't an answer to your question, but I also use Calibre PEX to extract the RC. I'm not able to use diva to run LVS, but i'm wondering how you managed to use diva to back annotate the parasitics onto the schematic? Would be very helpful,

thanks,
Aaron

there is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment - Nikola Tesla
View Profile   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Re: Bringing Parasitics from Ext to Sch view for simulation.
Reply #2 - Sep 1st, 2008, 7:26pm

Hi eng,

I am not sure if I understand your problem correctly.  

I don't run diva LVS to back annotate the parasitics onto the schematic. After Calibre PEX extracted all parasitics successfully, it pops up a window named Calibre View Setup. After I set up some parameters, it generates a schematic with all parasistics.

How do you run Calibre PEX? In Cadence ICFB environment all in UNIX shell? Would you please provide more details?

Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.