The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 18th, 2024, 8:19am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to model a CT ADC? (Read 2870 times)
lightgo

How to model a CT ADC?
Aug 18th, 2008, 6:48pm

Hi,
I am a beginner of ADC, my aim is to implement a 12-bits 10M signal width CT ADC. Now, i am focus on ADC modelling. Who can give me some suggestion or recommend something usefule?  :)Thanks.

View Profile   IP Logged
thomasross20

Re: How to model a CT ADC?
Reply #1 - Aug 19th, 2008, 6:58am

There are two main options nowadays; these are to use a mathematics program such as matlab or scilab to do your modelling, or to use verilg-a/ams; this allows you to write your own analog modules using code, but the license costs can be hefty.

View Profile   IP Logged
jbdavid
Community Fellow

Silicon Valley
Reply #2 - Aug 27th, 2008, 1:37am

Most ADC's are pretty useless if they are not clocked..
usually when I see CT in conjunction with ADC, there is the also the term ΔΣ in front of ADC .. is this the case..
if so the CT time part is really an integration stage or two.
so a verilog-A model is quite possible.
so you need to model the Summing Amp (because you have to add the input with the FEEDBACK DAC) the FEEDBACK DAC, the integration, and the "SLICER" or internal FLASH ADC..
I recommend starting with that flash ADC and the DAC's first..  
once you have cut your modeling teeth on those.. you'll be ready to try your hand at the integration stuff..

jbdavid
Mixed Signal Design Verification
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Paul
Community Fellow

Switzerland
Reply #3 - Sep 1st, 2008, 1:09pm

If you have access to Matlab, you can get started with the discrete-time Delta Sigma Toolbox by Richard Schreier. This will give you a good starting point and improve your understanding of SD ADCs.

Regards,
Paul

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.