The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 11:20am
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
passive mixer linearity (Read 21886 times)
kelly
Community Member

Re: passive mixer linearity
Reply #30 - Feb 21st, 2011, 1:04pm

Hi VP1953,

OK, good.  I guess I am not going crazy.  
But I have a question then, all the 2nLO+RF at the IF outputs seem to track the even harmincs on the LO, says around -36dBc with DCD of 49.5 or 50.5%.  Isn't that pretty big?  I assume you can never have perfect 50% duty cycle (due to mismatch and differernt rise and fall times).  50.5% seems pretty good to me, how will one take out this sensitivity then?
Thanks.

View Profile   IP Logged
aaron_do
Senior Fellow

Reply #31 - Feb 21st, 2011, 7:47pm

Hi Kelly,

I assume your dBc is with respect to the RF signal. In that case -36 dBc should be ok since it means you can achieve an SNR of 36 dB. However, as you say, it depends on whether you can actually get that kind of DCD.

Just one last check which I guess you are doing correctly anyway, but you are checking your IF differentially right? Another thing, I believe you will get better cancellation using a quadrature design.

regards,
Aaron

there is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment - Nikola Tesla
View Profile   IP Logged
kelly
Community Member

Reply #32 - Feb 22nd, 2011, 10:52pm

Hi Aaron,

Yes, IF is differential.  Thanks (everyone) for all your help.

Kelly

View Profile   IP Logged
cherry girl

Reply #33 - Jul 29th, 2011, 2:44am

Hi kelly,

As you mentioned , you IP3 curves seem a little weird below 0 dBm.I have encoutered the same problem before, I think maybe two reasons causeing this situation. At first, it is possible that you mixer's noise performance is too bad , so in the low level of input power , the desired sigal is easily distoried by nois;For another reason  ,you simulation is not accurate,you needn't use QPSS , it seems take too long time to run one time,just take harmonic balance (hb)with two tones,just remember the harmonic numbers should be large enough to ensure your simulation accuracy.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.