The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 10:35pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Matrix Manipulation (Read 691 times)
littlenasboy

Matrix Manipulation
Aug 26th, 2008, 11:34am

I'm working on implementing a model in verilog-A from code written in matlab.  The matlab code solves a system of equations using matrix inversion and multiplication to determine the devices terminal characteristics.

Are there any sort of matrix manipulation functions available in verilog, and if not, how can I get around this?

View Profile   IP Logged
jbdavid
Community Fellow

Silicon Valley
Re: Matrix Manipulation
Reply #1 - Aug 27th, 2008, 12:47am

What do you think the spice solver is?
Just express your "matrix" in terms  the relationships between node voltages(potential) and branch currents (flow) and let the Analog solver take care of "the matrix" for you.

-- or for SIMPLE cases, you can directly do the calculations..
keeping in mind that there are NO two dimensional Arrays, not matrix manipulation routines.. so you'll have to write a task or function based on how you choose to name the variables  to do that manipulation for you.

-- just LINK the matlab simulation with the verilog simulation.. I know both Modelsim and all the cadence simulators (AMS/Ncsim/spectre/spectreRF & prob Ultrasim and AMSultra have some form of Matlab/simulink interface..

But the analog simulators have already pulled those matrix operations out of the designers control (and headache) so they can concentrate on the Circuit!!
jbd

jbdavid
Mixed Signal Design Verification
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
littlenasboy

Re: Matrix Manipulation
Reply #2 - Aug 27th, 2008, 5:32am

Thanks!

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.