The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 16th, 2024, 9:35pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RF PA design resources (Read 3652 times)
skywalker

Seattle,WA
RF PA design resources
Aug 31st, 2008, 6:52pm

Hi All,

I am a power supply guy with a bit of Digital design(FPGAs/CPLDs) experience. I am trying to gather some relevant information on the following RFPA design topics.

RF Transmit system level design of Linear and Saturated RF Power Amplifier Architectures, including multi-state/switched-Doherty architectures, performance under mismatch, compression, non-idealities.

I am a total RF N00B. Where do I start?I dont own RF amplifier books and I already tried "Circuit sage" website where the information was for experienced and praciticing RF engineers. Can anybody help me find or point me to very easy to digest,yet profound RF theory ??I would be very gratified if somebody could oblige.

Thanks,
skywalker

View Profile   IP Logged
sami_aldalahmeh

Re: RF PA design resources
Reply #1 - Aug 31st, 2008, 11:50pm

Hi

I found a great website or actually a group of sites that discuss basic concepts on RF, DSP, communication, handsets, and other related topics. This site features article taken from textbooks about the fundamental theory in addition to application notes and technical tips. So you can just visit the site and search for what you need. Here's the link:
http://www.rfdesignline.com/

and if you need more theoretical stuff I can help you in finding free ebooks on the matter.
enjoy

View Profile   IP Logged
nano_RF
Community Member

madison
Reply #2 - Sep 4th, 2008, 9:28pm

View Profile   IP Logged
Miconos

Reply #3 - Sep 10th, 2008, 4:20am

I agree with nano_RF. Cripps is a good choise

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
loose-electron
Senior Fellow

Best Design Tool =
Capable Designers

San Diego California
Reply #4 - Sep 11th, 2008, 10:10am

Is this for academic learning or to design a commercial product? If its learning, time to buy some books and sign up for classes and seminars.

If its a commercial product, you may want to budget for a consultant/contractor to guide the process or even hire an RF designer.
If you need help there, give me a shout.

Jerry

Jerry Twomey
www.effectiveelectrons.com
Read My Electronic Design Column Here
Contract IC-PCB-System Design - Analog, Mixed Signal, RF & Medical
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.