The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 21st, 2024, 12:28am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
abt error in cadence (Read 3489 times)
VINAY RAO
Community Member

abt error in cadence
Oct 26th, 2008, 10:54pm

Hi,
  I  just started learning cadence tool.Simulation at transistor level is working fine bt when i am using digital parts from NCSU digital library, i am getting errors while simulating.Error is-- Netlist error:An invalid terminal list has been encountered.. use the convert artist bulk nodes utility through the tools-->conversion.
In NCSU digital parts library i am having following folders--CMOS_SCH,schematic,symbol,symbol#publication,,,I am nt finding any links to technological libraries.
   How can i resolve this problem.I hope i will get positive reply.....
Thanks in advance

View Profile   IP Logged
Tlaloc
Community Member

Dallas, TX
Re: abt error in cadence
Reply #1 - Oct 29th, 2008, 9:33am

It really sounds like the library that you received is not right for your version of the simulator.  Which simulator are you using?  Are you sure that the library is designed to work with that simulator?

View Profile   IP Logged
VINAY RAO
Community Member

Reply #2 - Oct 29th, 2008, 10:10pm

yes iam sure of it.i am using spectre ...

View Profile   IP Logged
VINAY RAO
Community Member

Reply #3 - Oct 30th, 2008, 10:55pm

And one more thing,,i am able to simulate the same at the transistor level,but problm is only at the digital parts..

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Reply #4 - Oct 31st, 2008, 3:34am

Whoever installed that library (NCSU digital) didn't check it very well.  There are a number of things that could go wrong: symbol not matching schematic, archaic syntax, etc.  I doubt anyone on the forum will be able to diagnose it from the message alone.

Have you tried the utility that was suggested?  You may need to copy the whole digital library to your directory (if it's installed in a read-only location).

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.