The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 6:19am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
modelling using verilog -ams (Read 2674 times)
godfather
Community Member

modelling using verilog -ams
Nov 05th, 2008, 4:08am

hi all,

is it necessary to know verilog-a , verilog and system verilog completely to run verilog ams.

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: modelling using verilog -ams
Reply #1 - Nov 5th, 2008, 5:09am

No.

There's probably no one who understands all of System Verilog -- even the experts have debates about what the language really allows or doesn't. Smiley

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
godfather
Community Member

Reply #2 - Nov 10th, 2008, 10:59pm

another query , if I only have schematic design build using analoglib so is it possible to simulate only the design with the cadence ams simulator, i mean creating the test bench of the design and then config and choosing the ams template....... and so on ......

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Reply #3 - Nov 11th, 2008, 4:34am

I don't understand what you are asking.  Are you asking if one can simulate a design made exclusively of components from analoglib in AMS Designer?  I would think so -- I don't think you have to have a V-AMS component to use AMS Designer.

But I don't use the config/hierarchy editor myself.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.