The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 20th, 2024, 7:25pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Delta Sigma Problem (Read 2973 times)
tipu

Germany
Delta Sigma Problem
Nov 10th, 2008, 4:15am

Hello Everyone

I am working on a BP sigma Delta Modulator and lately got some results that i could not comprehend well.I am showing both the cadence and the matlab results as an attachment file.

The first one is that of matlab

and the second one is of cadence

Now I have 2 questions.

1) It seems that the notch is much sharper in the cadence  as compared to that of matlab.In other words you can say that the cadence results look to do more noise shaping that  the matlab results?? If this is so shouldn't it be the other way around and what is the possible cause of the behavior ?Also there is some difference in the noise floor .It is much flatter in matlab than in cadence

2) The second question is about the SNR calculation. How exactly can i determine the signal bins and the noise bins while calculating the SNR ?

Please Excuse my lack of knowledge in understanding the two things.Any help would be really of great value.

Thanks

matlab.jpg
View Profile   IP Logged
tipu

Germany
Re: Delta Sigma Problem
Reply #1 - Nov 10th, 2008, 4:16am

and this one is the cadence result.

cadence.jpg
View Profile   IP Logged
fonseca.ha

UK
Reply #2 - Nov 16th, 2008, 9:48am

Are you still strugling with this inconsistency? I am not sure what it may be, but can you give more details? When you say cadence, do you mean a transistor level circuit?
Or do you mean behavioural models?
The issue may simply be the matlab model being too simplistic. But this is just a guess

View Profile   IP Logged
gaom9

CHINA
Reply #3 - Nov 23rd, 2008, 6:20am

I think you should apply more detail about you simulation. What is your simulation way in cadence, by verilog-A or in transistor level?

View Profile gaom9   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.