The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 12:36am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SpectreVerilog Results Plot Problems (Read 2572 times)
bmwsky

SpectreVerilog Results Plot Problems
Nov 11th, 2008, 9:46pm

Hi ALL,

I am using the spectreVerilog to do the mixed signal simulation. If I want to plot the value of net<3:0> = 1000 of a group of digital outputs by their power  and the answer will be 8 (2^3+0+0+0), how to do this combined plot?

Thanks!

bmwsky

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: SpectreVerilog Results Plot Problems
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2009, 7:54am

It depends on the waveform tool you're using.

If it's wavescan or ViVA, you'd plot the 4 bits, then select the 4 bits in the graph, and do Trace->Bus->Create (or use the create bus icon). Make sure the LSB/MSB order is correct, and create the bus.

Then select the resulting bus waveform, and hit the d2a icon. Make sure that "Busses output as" is set to "Analog Voltage". Set the Analog Hi Voltage to 15 (i.e. 2^NBITS-1), and the low voltage to 0. Hit OK, and you'll get an "analog" waveform with a value 8.

If using simVision, you can select the bus, then do Format->Trace->Analog Sample/Hold .

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.