The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 16th, 2024, 6:36pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ncelab unable to find a unit named 'mixedsignal_2' (Read 13262 times)
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
ncelab unable to find a unit named 'mixedsignal_2'
Dec 25th, 2008, 1:24am

Hi guys,

I failed to simulate a PLL model using ncsim. The model is dg-vamsA-10, which is taken from "The Designer's Guide to Verilog-AMS" by Kundert & Zinke.
http://www.designers-guide.org/Books/dg-vams/chA/chA-listing10.tgz
The error information is shown below.
ncelab: *E,NOUNIT: Unable to find a unit named 'mixedsignal_2' in the libraries.
ncsim: 05.60-s006: (c) Copyright 1995-2006 Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
ncsim: *F, NOSNAP: snapshot 'plltop' does not exist in the libraries.

The nc version is IUS56. What is mixedsignal_2? Where is it defined? Thank you in advance.

Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: ncelab unable to find a unit named 'mixedsignal_2'
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2009, 5:58am

mixedsignal_2 will be the connectrules. It doesn't appear to be in the tar file - I had a quick scan around and couldn't find it elsewhere, but that's because it's using the mixedsignal_2 connectrules compiled into the connectLib that comes with IUS.

You should find the code in:

<IUSinstDir>/tools/affirma_ams/etc/connect_lib/crules2.v

If your IUS installation had the "configuration" step done after installation (which you really should do), and you have $AMSHOME pointing at your IUS installation root, the connectLib library should be found - it should be in the connect_lib directory. In the example, the cds.lib looks like this:

Code:
include $AMSHOME/tools/inca/files/cds.lib
define worklib ./worklib 

Using my configured installation, I was able to run "run-me" without doing anything else (I have $AMSHOME set too).

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Re: ncelab unable to find a unit named 'mixedsignal_2'
Reply #2 - Jan 6th, 2009, 1:57am

Andrew, thank you.

The configuration step was not performed after the installation. I have found that directory and compiled the library named connectLib. It's done.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.