The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 5th, 2024, 4:46pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Gilbert Cell Mixer test bench help (Read 745 times)
Ewan H

Gilbert Cell Mixer test bench help
Jan 26th, 2009, 9:05am

Hi there, I am a student undertaking my final year project which is to design a mixer circuit based on the Gilbert Cell. I have completed the circuit but have to perform some analysis. I am looking to perform a spectral analysis of the output, and also find the 1dB compression point. I am currently struggling with getting a correct test bench set up in order to perform these analysis. I have not been formally trained in using the Cadence suit and I cant seem to find a guide anywhere on setting up a test bench for this kind of thing. I think I need to be using a QPSS analysis, I can find plenty of information of what this does, but nothing to show me how to actually use it! Should I be using ports as inputs? and I've seen a few examples use baluns to provide a differential input? My current setup I've used to verify the circuits performance and simulate bandwidth is attached.

I realise I cant use vcvs for this type of analysis! The mixer will be operating up to about 650MHz if this has any use.

Any help at all is greatly appreciated, I realise this is a big ask as I dont have much experience using the software, but even a link to a tutorial or anything of relevance would help. Thanks in advance!

Screenshot_002.png
View Profile   IP Logged
Mehran

Re: Gilbert Cell Mixer test bench help
Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2009, 7:55pm

View Profile mehranizad   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.