The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 19th, 2024, 11:12am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
z-domain model of chopper stabilization integrator (Read 5428 times)
sun

z-domain model of chopper stabilization integrator
Mar 10th, 2009, 3:48am

Hi,
I'm want to simulate a 2nd order sigma delta modulator which uses chopper stabilization tech at the first integrator by simulink.
I have tried to place a product before and after the first integrator to emulate chopper switch, but it failed. So I want to use z-domain transfer function to replace product.
Do you have any ideal about how to model the integrator with chopper stabilization?

Sun

View Profile   IP Logged
HdrChopper
Community Fellow

Re: z-domain model of chopper stabilization integrator
Reply #1 - Mar 10th, 2009, 6:25pm

Hi Sun,

I never saw a chopper stabilization z-domain model before. Chopper-stabilization is a continous-time modulation technique which does not involve sampling. Therefore z-domain modeling for it does not look natural to me since is NOT a discrete time system (which are the systems that can be modeled in z-domain).
Is the product box you put before and after your integrator in Matlab
synchronized with the clock?

Regards
Tosei

Keep it simple
View Profile   IP Logged
sun

Re: z-domain model of chopper stabilization integrator
Reply #2 - Mar 11th, 2009, 5:39am

HdrChopper wrote on Mar 10th, 2009, 6:25pm:
Hi Sun,

I never saw a chopper stabilization z-domain model before. Chopper-stabilization is a continous-time modulation technique which does not involve sampling. Therefore z-domain modeling for it does not look natural to me since is NOT a discrete time system (which are the systems that can be modeled in z-domain).
Is the product box you put before and after your integrator in Matlab
synchronized with the clock?

Regards
Tosei

Hi Tosei,
Thands for your reply.
The products box that I put in simulink model are synchronized with clock. But I realized that putting products before and after the first integrator is wrong.  In fact, the chopper switches should be placed before and after the opamp but the integrator. It seem to be difficult to model chopper stabilization in simulink.
now, I have realized a sigma delta modulator with chopper stabilization in veriloga. but if you have some idea to do it in simulink, I'm glad to know that.

Regards

Sun

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.