The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 18th, 2024, 5:27am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
basic question on sigma delta ADC (Read 3156 times)
manodipan
Community Member

basic question on sigma delta ADC
Mar 18th, 2009, 4:49am

Hi all,
I am just trying to understand switched capacitor type sigma delta ADC....let us say for example we have input sinusoid of common mode=0.6V and amplitude=0.3V with supply 1.2V....now the integrator's o/p range also is suppose 0.3 to 0.9V..now the o/p is either 1.2V or 0V based on the logic and fedback ..here is my question what value of reference(1.2V and 0V or  0.9V and 0.3V)  should be chosen for DAC where my input FS=0.6V from 0.3V to  0.9V....
thanks for your help....

View Profile   IP Logged
subgold
Community Member

Re: basic question on sigma delta ADC
Reply #1 - Mar 18th, 2009, 12:42pm

i think it depends on the modulator gain. in another word, the ratio of the capacitor value between the sample path and the feedback path from the dac.

View Profile   IP Logged
manodipan
Community Member

Reply #2 - Mar 21st, 2009, 2:18am

Hi ,
thanks for ur reply......i think considering the extreme voltages that circuit can operate as reference we have to get the coefficients and select the cap sizes...

View Profile   IP Logged
cmos.analogvala
Community Member

India
Reply #3 - Apr 23rd, 2009, 1:58am

I think DAC should be bipolar and VREFP should be 0.9 and VREFN should be 0.3. Am I correct ?

View Profile   IP Logged
manodipan
Community Member

Reply #4 - Apr 23rd, 2009, 6:54am

Hi ,
I think you are right ,otherwise opamp o/p goes outside it's operating range.....now problem is that we need to generate two extra voltage references Vrefp and Vrefm....

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.