The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 19th, 2024, 5:23am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Multiphase buck modeling (Read 1183 times)
Alex83

Multiphase buck modeling
Mar 19th, 2009, 2:36am

Hi All I need to mak a small signal model of a multiphase buck converter.It has to work in current control mode. For single buck converter (no multiphase)  that means that I don't have a double pole at the frequency of the LC filter but I have a second order effect at the half of the switching frequency (in the control to output transfer function). Now my feeling is that in a multiphase, for example in a 2 phases buck this second order effect should stay at 2 times the half of the switching frequency(i.e. if every phase is running at 2 MHz the second order effect should be at 2MHz in a 2 phases buck and at 1MHz in a single phase buck). Unfrtunately I need to prove this feeling and at the moment I don't know how to prove it. Please help me with some docs or some suggestions.
Many thanks.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.