The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 16th, 2024, 7:15pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
analog design environment (Read 5566 times)
godfather
Community Member

analog design environment
Mar 27th, 2009, 9:04am

hi all,

I am using ic5141 version of cadence, strange problem has ocurred,

when i simulate my analog design using tools->analog design environment, it takes a hell of 15mins to load the analog design environment window. its really annoying....

please help... is there any patch or bash script modification to make it load faster , i mean as normal....

thanks & regards
mtech84

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: analog design environment
Reply #1 - Mar 28th, 2009, 8:21am

Sounds very odd. Even if you had some licensing delays, it shouldn't be that slow. You should contact Cadence customer support - there are lots of questions about your environment likely to be required to be able to diagnose this.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
rf-design

Reiner Franke

Germany
Reply #2 - Mar 29th, 2009, 5:49am

Only an idea...

Because IC runs today on much more than HPSUN there a configurations issues with Linux-2.4 kernel and graphics driver. That I have read if everything goes well but only slowness remain.

View Profile   IP Logged
godfather
Community Member

Reply #3 - Mar 30th, 2009, 5:28pm

I totally agree with you sir (@rf-design) . I had the solution for that and that was some modification in bash script. I figured it out what was problem and  I had resolved that issue on my own. also i made it run within 2-3 seconds. when u open some schematic and then goto tools -> analog design environment, then that window use to open in 2-3 secs instead of 15mins. I had stored that bash script somewhere, once i remember i will post it here too.

regards,
mtech84

View Profile   IP Logged
godfather
Community Member

Reply #4 - Mar 30th, 2009, 9:07pm

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

I got the solution... i found my file. sorry for the above post its not bash file its .cdsenv file... I replaced my .cdsenv file with this one which contains:

layoutOptimize.state      menuState      string      "None"
ddserv showWhatsNew string "5.1"
asimenv showWhatsNew string "5.1.0"
spectre.envOpts firstRun boolean nil
asimenv.startup cds_ade_wftool string "awd"
editor="emacs"

this magic file changes all that is needed.

it opens the analog design environment from tools menu faster.

regards,
mtech84

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #5 - Mar 31st, 2009, 3:12am

I can't really see how that would help...

The first just disables the layout optimize menus, the second and third just prevent what's new windows from appearing.  The firstRun also prevents the welcome to spectre window. I can't see any of these making a difference.

The only possibility is that you have some java problem, and setting the waveform tool to awd is preventing that Java problem. Most likely it's an OS problem if java is taking a long time to load or taking a lot of CPU. You should contact Cadence customer support if this is the case.

And editor="emacs" is not a valid cdsenv entry...

Regards,

Andrew.

godfather
Community Member

Reply #6 - Mar 31st, 2009, 3:42pm

Thanks for the explanation, but i already know that and i apologize for that entry "emacs' , i was in a hurry that emacs entry was from bash file. ok but my .cdsenv was messed by regular switching between ic0611 and ic5141usr5 so the solution which i posted was just my original .cdsenv file except the emacs line which was mistake.

there is no java problem, i run my webserver from there it works perfectly fine.

regards
mtech84

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #7 - Apr 1st, 2009, 2:13am

Ah, so the problem was probably due to something you'd removed from your .cdsenv file, rather than something actually present in the new .cdsenv file.

Regards,

Andrew.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.