The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 18th, 2024, 4:24pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
netlisting in ade with ams (Read 3199 times)
idriss

netlisting in ade with ams
Apr 09th, 2009, 12:35am

Hello Guys,
I hope all the forum community is ok.

Guys, I am using for my simulations ADE with AMS simulator, when I run the netlist of my config (hierarchy editor) where differents views are used (schematic,verilogams,verilog etc..) ,it creates the files in differents directories in the inhl directory, is there a way to create only 1 netlist file where it dumps also the compiled code for the verilogams views.

thanks
in advance

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: netlisting in ade with ams
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2009, 9:47am

If you use the OSS/irun flow in AMS in ADE, then it will (almost) do as you are asking for (it won't put "compiled code" in the single file - I'm not really sure what that would mean).

The cell-based flow (which is what  you are using) intentionally netlists each cellView separately, whereas the OSS/irun flow is more of a traditional single netlist approach (it has the advantage that it can work from the spectre simInfo in the CDF rather than needing specific AMS simInfo, but the downside is that you end up recompiling everything every time).

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: netlisting in ade with ams
Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2009, 9:49am

BTW, even when using the cell-based netlister, if you do Simulation->Netlist->Display Netlist, you'll get a glued together file containing all the netlists (it contains some non-verilogams stuff too, so it would need some editing if you were to use it for other purposes) - this might be the easiest way to get what you want?

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.