The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 16th, 2024, 12:09pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hierarchical Copy (Read 936 times)
ic_engr

Hierarchical Copy
Apr 22nd, 2009, 7:14am

I am trying to archive the final design database, schematics and layouts into a one single library. The issue is currently the top level of schematics is in a different library, with sub-cell linked to multiple different libraries.

If I copy using hierarchical, and set the SKIP libraries to skip only the PDK and perform, update entire library and copy all views, the new copy is only copying partially and the rest is being still linked to the multiple libraries as the original one. The reason I guess is there may be cells in different libraries having same names.

To circumvent this, what I did was copied in two steps. I first copied hierarchical only schematics and symbol with update entire library option. It then copied all the schematics and symbols properly in the new library. I then copied layouts separately.

Is there any better way to do this.

ic_engr

View Profile   IP Logged
salty

Austin, Tx
Re: Hierarchical Copy
Reply #1 - Apr 22nd, 2009, 7:17am

I'm assuming you are using Cadence.  Have you tried the copy wizard?  It solved a few problems like this for me.

In the lib manager go to edit -> copy wizard

It may work

View Profile   IP Logged
ic_engr

Re: Hierarchical Copy
Reply #2 - Apr 22nd, 2009, 8:31am

Thanks. That did solve most of my problems.

ic_engr

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.