The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 19th, 2024, 12:18am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Input impedance (Read 3181 times)
analogue_guy
Community Member

Input impedance
May 07th, 2009, 2:31pm

Hi,

What kind of analysis and methodology are you using to simulate input impedance of non-linear circuitry?

Cheers,

--AG

View Profile   IP Logged
pancho_hideboo
Senior Fellow

Real Homeless
Re: Input impedance
Reply #1 - May 8th, 2009, 11:35pm

analogue_guy wrote on May 7th, 2009, 2:31pm:
What kind of analysis and methodology are you using to simulate input impedance of non-linear circuitry?
It depends on your definition of an input impedance for non-linear circuitry.

View Profile WWW Top+Secret Top+Secret   IP Logged
analogue_guy
Community Member

Reply #2 - May 11th, 2009, 12:26pm

Hi,

Basically let us say I have a circuit which input impedance varies with the input current and I would like to have the dependence of the input impedance of the input current.

How am I doing now? I basically apply an ipwl source and I sweep the current from 0 to the maximum level of interest and at some certain points I run ac simulations, collecting the data and from these data I calculate back the parallel RC equivalents.

i was interested in, if there is a better or easier way to do that?
or you can see any problem with that methodology

regards

View Profile   IP Logged
cmos.analogvala
Community Member

India
Reply #3 - May 11th, 2009, 7:24pm

I think this is the method. Two more things you can add in the existing simulation setup are 1) parametric simulations and 2) save expression in ADE if you are using cadence/Spectre. 1) Make dc value of your input current design variable. Vary that in parametric. 2) Use calculator to give you  Rin at some frequency and save the expression. The simulator will give you the plot of Rin vs parameter value.

CA

View Profile   IP Logged
analogue_guy
Community Member

Reply #4 - May 13th, 2009, 7:46am

cmos.analogvala wrote on May 11th, 2009, 7:24pm:
I think this is the method. Two more things you can add in the existing simulation setup are 1) parametric simulations and 2) save expression in ADE if you are using cadence/Spectre. 1) Make dc value of your input current design variable. Vary that in parametric. 2) Use calculator to give you  Rin at some frequency and save the expression. The simulator will give you the plot of Rin vs parameter value.

CA

Hi,

Thanks for your advices, it seems together with  DC sweep maybe I could use the captab option to extract the capacitance.

Cheers

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.