The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 18th, 2024, 6:26am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
switched capacitor in cadence (Read 4248 times)
Mahyar

switched capacitor in cadence
May 22nd, 2009, 3:34pm

Hi
I am trying to design a switched capacitor sampling system in virtuoso schematic editor. But I don't know how to:
1- Generate non-overlapping clocks.
2- How to model the switches? should I use like nfet or there are special switches?

Thank you,
M

View Profile   IP Logged
HdrChopper
Community Fellow

Re: switched capacitor in cadence
Reply #1 - May 22nd, 2009, 5:26pm

A simple approach using ideal components:

1) For non-overlapping clocks just define a variable for the clock period - say Tck. The use two vpulse sources where the first one has a period Tck and a duty cycle of 49.5%. The second source will have the same period and duty cycle but a delay equal to 0.5Tck.
In this way you can change Tck and keep the non-overlapping feature of your clocks.
2) there is an ideal switch in the analogLib simply called "switch". It is voltage controlled and therefore you need to set the Vth high and low and also you can set the resistanc in ON state for such switch.

With these two ideal components you could start designing your SC system.

Regards
Tosei

Keep it simple
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.