The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 18th, 2024, 6:41am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SOI Convergence Problems (Read 2220 times)
emad

Cairo, Egypt
SOI Convergence Problems
May 24th, 2009, 11:43am

Hello everyone:

I have convergence problems for DC and Tran using SOI devices. Even for a simple circuit like an inverter, it wouldn't converge unless I use trapezoidal and make tolerances really loose. Is this normal? Any ideas on how to improve convergence of SOI circuits?

Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: SOI Convergence Problems
Reply #1 - May 26th, 2009, 5:41am

What models -- BSIMSOI?

I don't expect trapezoidal is helping your DC convergence (unless it's pseudo-tran); I guess I'd be surprised if changing the tolerances makes DC work better, either -- once you're close, Newton's method should work quite well to reduce the error, unless there's some error in the derivatives of the model (and if you're far away so Newton isn't quadratically converging, then increasing tolerances isn't likely to help).

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.