The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 18th, 2024, 7:31am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Any way to create schematic based on netlist? (Read 3345 times)
aaron_do
Senior Fellow

Any way to create schematic based on netlist?
Jun 04th, 2009, 4:14am

Hi all,

I have some ESD pads which came with a single .cdl file which appears to be a compilation of all the netlists, as well as the layouts. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to run LVS without the ESD pads in the schematic. So i'd like to know if there's an easy way to create a symbol which is basically just a black box with the .cdl file used as the netlist. I know all the pin connections for the ESD pad.

thanks,
Aaron

there is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment - Nikola Tesla
View Profile   IP Logged
Berti
Community Fellow

Re: Any way to create schematic based on netlist?
Reply #1 - Jun 4th, 2009, 8:04am

I think File-Import-Netlist View should do this, but I never used it. I just used Import Verilog, where a schematic view is generated from the verilog netlist.

Regards

View Profile   IP Logged
aaron_do
Senior Fellow

Reply #2 - Jun 4th, 2009, 8:28am

Hi Berti,

could you give me a few more details on how to import the verilog netlist? Also how do i create a veilog netlist from the .cdl file?

thanks,
Aaron

there is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment - Nikola Tesla
View Profile   IP Logged
salty

Austin, Tx
Reply #3 - Jun 5th, 2009, 9:31am

In cadence icfb, you can go to file->import->cdl
You will need a device-map file

Google and you can find information on it.  I have ran it in the past, and the map file was needed.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.