The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 18th, 2024, 7:17pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
hidden variables in cadence ADE (Read 6601 times)
subgold
Community Member

hidden variables in cadence ADE
Jun 18th, 2009, 8:12am

i m using cadence 5.10.41.

in ADE, when i choose the menu "variables"-->"copy from cellview", some of the variables are updated by some previously used values, and some previously defined variables appear again (these variables are already removed from the schematic and no longer used).

could somebody tell me why some variables are covered by old datas? how to fix this problem (or where are these old datas possibly stored)?

thanks.

View Profile   IP Logged
ACWWong
Community Fellow

Oxford, UK
Re: hidden variables in cadence ADE
Reply #1 - Jun 18th, 2009, 9:18am

have you tried "copy to cellview" once you have the variable you want setup ? This is overwrite anything old that was once written.

Once this is done, "copy from cellview" will only include those written to the cellview and any new ones it finds in the schematic.

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #2 - Jul 10th, 2009, 6:27am

The values are stored in a property (I think called "designVarList") on the cell.

In the library manager, select the cellName, and do right-mouse->Properties, and you should see a property called "designVarList".

You could delete it, or do the "copy to cellView" that Alan suggested. It's a slight misnomer, because "copy to cellView" actually does a "copy to cell", but perhaps that's just me being pedantic!

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
mohamedabouzied

Reply #3 - Aug 16th, 2013, 6:50am

Hi,
There could be another work around.
Open and ADE session for the cell.
the stored variables will be loaded automatically.

Delete them and do again "copy to cellview".
This will copy an empty list of variables.

regards,
Mohamed

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.