The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 6:18am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
error (Read 937 times)
godfather
Community Member

error
Jul 28th, 2009, 8:14pm

hello all,

I am have strange problem , using ius58 , ic5141 and trying to run the example provided by cadence itself that is vfs_amsflow located at Cadence/IC/tools/dfII/samples/tutorials/AMS and i get this error "*F,INTERR (No HDL source,0|0): INTERNAL ERROR" when i see the simulator log file and when i am trying to run examples from designers guide website they run fine no problem at all.

also please guide me that is it that after ic5141 if we use ic610 then for simulating we need mmsim61.

and for mixed signal we need ius separately apart from mmsim61.

also whats the difference between mmsim61 and mmsim71 is that like after we have mmsim71 we need not use ius at all for ams designs.

kindly guide

thx

View Profile   IP Logged
godfather
Community Member

Re: error
Reply #1 - Jul 30th, 2009, 2:55am

hello all,

please someone reply..

thx

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #2 - Jul 30th, 2009, 5:13am

I don't know what the problem you've got with the internal error is - I've not seen that. You probably should contact Cadence Customer Support. That said, I'd first try it with a current version of the simulator (IUS82).

If using spectre, you should use MMSIM even if you're using IC5141. spectre was included with the IC releases up to and including IC5141, but has now been split into a separate stream (it's in the MMSIM stream with Ultrasim and nowadays APS too). Since then there have been several multi-mode simulator releases: MMSIM60, MMSIM61, MMSIM62, MMSIM70, and MMSIM71. These are just updates, enhancements, and new technology. The version in IC5141 has had none of these improvements - a few critical bug fixes, but very little recently. In IC releases after IC5141 (e.g. ICOA5251 and IC61X) spectre is no longer included so you absolutely must use an MMSIM release if you want to do spectre (or Ultrasim, or APS).

If doing mixed signal simulation, you've always needed an IUS release (or LDV before it got renamed to IUS). That is still the case - the mixed-signal simulator augments the Incisive digital simulators, which is why it makes sense to package it with IUS. If doing mixed signal simulation, you don't need MMSIM - everything is contained within the IUS strea,.

Best Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
godfather
Community Member

Reply #3 - Jul 30th, 2009, 7:59am

thanks for rest answered,

but for 1st question...

my administrator just does not know beyond installing cadence and for now i have no scope of access to higher version of ius than current ius58, until administrator at my place installs newer version than ius58sp001, so i request to know from ius58 point of view and not with ius82. i hope you understand this.

thx..

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #4 - Aug 12th, 2009, 2:29pm

I don't believe IUS58sp001 was ever a "supported" version for AMS. That was in IUS583. At that time, IUS58 had a "point release" concept where certain features were introduced early.

That said, I don't know if there's a solution to the problem other than using a different version. I've not been able to reproduce it (I'm on vacation at the moment, and to be honest I'd have to hunt down the right version anyway).

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
godfather
Community Member

Reply #5 - Aug 12th, 2009, 2:33pm

no problem enjoy your vacation forget everything else...

thx..

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.