The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 21st, 2024, 8:23am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
failing to declare pins as global signals (Read 1548 times)
Dipankar
Community Member

failing to declare pins as global signals
Jul 30th, 2009, 3:59pm

Dear Sirs,

I am using a CDK whose cells have schematic, symbol, layout and functional (verilog) views. Now for all the cells sch view has VSS and VDD inout pins (not globals)  but the symbol views don't have them. My problem is I am failing to declare VDD and VSS as global from ADE. When I use functional view of those cells, simulation(AMS)  goes smoothly, but when I use schematic  view of those cells simulation fails just because the cells' power grnd pins are not getting the desired voltage supposed to get passed  to them from TOP testbench. Please advise.

With Thanks and Regards,
Dipankar.
View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: failing to declare pins as global signals
Reply #1 - Aug 15th, 2009, 1:19am

So do the pins on the schematic have inherited connections? If they're not global signals, and they're not inherited connections (i.e. have net expressions on them) it's rather hard to see how you'd connect to them.

The AMS netlister should handle inherited connections OK.

I think you'll need to give some more details - perhaps some pictures - for us to be able to help. At least to avoid me having to anticipate every possible scenario you might have...

Best Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.