The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 17th, 2024, 12:54am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Questions about Switched capacitor circuits simulation with PSS+PNOIS (Read 2549 times)
lunren
Community Member

Asia
Questions about Switched capacitor circuits simulation with PSS+PNOIS
Aug 05th, 2009, 2:46pm

Hi,

Today I simulated my swiched capacitor circuit (sample and hold) with pss+pnoise. In the simulation, the switched capacitor common mode feedback circuit was replaced by a ideal one. I am wondering how to use the real swiched capacitor CMFB in my simulation?

Why I was confused by this? Because SC-CMFB will take some time to settle down. I am not sure if I use the real SC-CMFB, the simulation results is culculated at correct DC operating point or not. Hope someone can give me some hints about this.

Thanks,

Lunren

Best Regards,

Lunren
View Profile   IP Logged
HdrChopper
Community Fellow

Re: Questions about Switched capacitor circuits simulation with PSS+PNOIS
Reply #1 - Aug 5th, 2009, 5:50pm

Hi,

You SHOULD use the real CMFB circuit. PSS takes care of looking for the steady state value, meaning that it will iterate as much as it needs until it finds a stable periodic operating point.
Only after finding such point  it will start pnoise analysis.

Hope this helps
Tosei

Keep it simple
View Profile   IP Logged
lunren
Community Member

Asia
Re: Questions about Switched capacitor circuits simulation with PSS+PNOIS
Reply #2 - Aug 5th, 2009, 6:15pm

So that means I do not need to set tstart=50u, for example (assuming cmfb settles down after 50us)?

Best Regards,

Lunren
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.