The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Sep 28th, 2024, 4:22pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
help me to evaluate my simulation result (Read 565 times)
icekalt
Community Member

Aalen, Germany
help me to evaluate my simulation result
Aug 10th, 2009, 3:44am

Hello everyone,

Please see my output waveform of my comparator in attachment. The comparator should make decision when the clock (Vclk) is low. Vp and Vn are the input of my comparator.Vout- is the output of my comparator. If you see the waveform, the output will be 3.3 although Vn is greater than Vp at certain time. For example, at 224.959ns, Vp is greater than Vn, but the comparator is in reset(no decison) in this time and the Vout- is appr. 1.7 V and it is fine. But when the clock is low, instead of comparing the present value of Vn and Vp, it compares the previous value of Vn and Vp that is at 224.959ns. Is this result ok or no? Is this what we called latency problem?

Thx in advanced

waveform_comparator_001.GIF
View Profile   IP Logged
mikro

Re: help me to evaluate my simulation result
Reply #1 - Aug 18th, 2009, 6:50am

if i were u, i will recheck the logic vs schematic .

if u wanna compare the inputs, which were present shortly before low-active, it is fine.

if u wanna compare the inputs, which are present during low-active, it is not fine.

View Profile   IP Logged
Berti
Community Fellow

Re: help me to evaluate my simulation result
Reply #2 - Aug 18th, 2009, 10:42pm

Latency problem? Never heard!

To me it looks more like that your comparator has a large hysteresis. Reasons might be incomplete reset or bad settling of reference voltages.

Cheers

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.