The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Sep 28th, 2024, 12:12pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Preamplifier+latch (Read 1440 times)
solanojedi

Preamplifier+latch
Aug 19th, 2009, 10:54am

Hi,
I'm an italian "baby engineer" and I'm trying to do a project. In this project I have to design a preamplifier, and I did it with a differential couple with a mos load (as in the picture) with a common mode feedback, and use a latch with a reset (the nmos and the pmos over the latch). I have many question about my simulations, but the first one is:
-one of the request is the measure of the overdrive recovery time: but how I measure this time? I have to use the amplifier without the latch and with a step signal @ Vin or what?
And what this measure is useful for? There is a switch who do a reset, so I think "who care about how much time my amplifier settles, there is a reset that is much more quick"... Thank you so much! [and sorry for my english]

Disegno1.jpg
View Profile   IP Logged
tulip
Community Member

Re: Preamplifier+latch
Reply #1 - Sep 3rd, 2009, 12:28am

I think you should use the amplifier with the latch.
The system frequency cares about how fast your amplifier and latch work.

solanojedi wrote on Aug 19th, 2009, 10:54am:
Hi,
I'm an italian "baby engineer" and I'm trying to do a project. In this project I have to design a preamplifier, and I did it with a differential couple with a mos load (as in the picture) with a common mode feedback, and use a latch with a reset (the nmos and the pmos over the latch). I have many question about my simulations, but the first one is:
-one of the request is the measure of the overdrive recovery time: but how I measure this time? I have to use the amplifier without the latch and with a step signal @ Vin or what?
And what this measure is useful for? There is a switch who do a reset, so I think "who care about how much time my amplifier settles, there is a reset that is much more quick"... Thank you so much! [and sorry for my english]

Not every morning wake up your alarm clock, but dream!
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.