The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 21st, 2024, 8:23am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A question of the input referred noise (Read 1611 times)
alixluohao

A question of the input referred noise
Aug 31st, 2009, 4:59am

Hi
when reading the paper "Device Noise Simulation of Delta-Sigma Modulators", Manolis Terrovitis and Ken Kundert, www.desigers-guide.org/Analysis, I feel confused about the conclusion "The input referred noise of the open loop system is equal to that of the close loop system with feedback gain equal to one(or any other noiseless feedback)", who can give me a simple explanation if you have read this paper.
Thanks!
LUO

View Profile   IP Logged
MarcoC

Cesena, Italy
Re: A question of the input referred noise
Reply #1 - Sep 8th, 2009, 2:02am

Hi alixluohao,
I didn't read the paper you cited but I can try to help you.
The input referred noise is the same in both cases - i.e. open loop and closed loop- because - let me say-  the global "transfer function" is different.
The closed loop is able to reduce the output noise but it changes also the gain in the same matter, so the input referred noise is the same.

My considerations are taken on a generic system but they should be applied also for delta-sigma.

I hope to be helpfull.

Bye,
MarcoC

View Profile MarcoC   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.