The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Sep 27th, 2024, 10:23pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Accuracy device foundry models with temperature (Read 2469 times)
Visjnoe

Accuracy device foundry models with temperature
Aug 31st, 2009, 11:01am

Dear all,

At the moment, I'm measuring a circuit which shows faulty behavior at about 70deg. This circuit has been simulated uptil 125deg.

However, I can reproduce the faulty behavior by putting the temperature (in simulation) to 240deg. This makes me think there's a modeling error in some of the foundry device models...

Does anybody have experience with foundry modeling errors that result in such a large deviation between simulation/measurement, especially over temperature?

Regards

View Profile   IP Logged
solidstate

Munich, Germany
Re: Accuracy device foundry models with temperature
Reply #1 - Aug 31st, 2009, 12:34pm

What kind of faulty behavior do you observe? What kind of circuit is this? Which process? Which foundry? It's likely that the error mechanism has a different tipping point for different process corners, or that the presence of device mismatch anticipates the onset..

View Profile   IP Logged
Visjnoe

Reply #2 - Sep 1st, 2009, 12:13am

Maybe the intention of my question was a bit unclear. I do not want to discuss my specific case in depth, I just wanted to know if other people have encountered similar (or minor) discrepancies between simulation and measurement over temperature (for any given circuit).

Regards

View Profile   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Reply #3 - Sep 8th, 2009, 12:47am

Hi Visjone,

Most foundries provide SPICE models which fit the measurement data from -40 degC to 125 degC. I have never designed any circuitry that runs as high as 240 degC. Are you sure the SPICE model covers so high temperature?

Best Regards,
Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.