The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 15th, 2024, 2:30pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
defining parameters in corner tool (Cadence ADE-XL) (Read 520 times)
vivkr
Community Fellow

defining parameters in corner tool (Cadence ADE-XL)
Sep 28th, 2009, 6:33am

Hi,

I am new to ADE-XL and was trying to get my corner tool setup. I noticed that in addition to design variables, one is also able to define parameters. I assume that this would allow parametric sims per corner, a very desirable feature in some respects.

In any case, I tried to define one of the voltages in my setup as a parameter. The Cadence help tells me that I need to select the instance whose parameter I wish to use. However, there is absolutely no way that I can manage to make the parameter of interest (or anything) appear in the drop-down menu marked as "Click to Add".

Could someone suggest a way out?

Thanks,

Vivek

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: defining parameters in corner tool (Cadence ADE-XL)
Reply #1 - Jan 3rd, 2010, 4:42am

Hi Vivek,

I'm hoping you've found an answer by now, but essentially parameters are a way to set the value of a parameter on a specific instance - rather than variables, which are "global variables". If you use Window->Assistants->Parameters, Sweeps and Corners Setup (with the schematic displayed in the window) you can click on components in the schematic, and define the parameters.

This is covered pretty well in the ADE XL Documentation - so I suggest you read up on that too.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.