The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Sep 28th, 2024, 10:23am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
diff amp (Read 130 times)
A Kumar R
Community Member

India
diff amp
Oct 06th, 2009, 11:02am

hello all,

when i simulated the dc opt of an diff amp(basic diff amp with diode connected load) i have seen a slightly different operating point(e.g if set 0.9v at the output it shows 970m) and the tail current is not at what i wanted to be,although individual components are designed perfectly.but when i combined transistors to form diff amp i have been facing the above mentioned prob.

can any one suggest a solution to solve the prob?

View Profile   IP Logged
raja.cedt
Senior Fellow

Germany
Re: diff amp
Reply #1 - Oct 6th, 2009, 8:59pm

hi,
   please post your schematic and show operating points...But basically it is very easy block to design, and first if some how set the tail current properly just by bias or aspect ratio of tail  and then probably you may get what you want at each node.

thanks,
Rajasekhar.

View Profile WWW raja.sekhar86   IP Logged
Mayank
Community Fellow

Re: diff amp
Reply #2 - Oct 6th, 2009, 9:54pm

hi,
    Plz check if all your transistorss including your tail current source is in saturtation/sub-Vt region of Operation(MOS) as you intended them to be. Also check if the vds drop across 1/gm resistance of diode connected load is leaving enough vds across input MOS for it to be in saturation. And yeah, post your schematic with op points.

regards,
Mayank.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.