The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Sep 28th, 2024, 12:12pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
unity buffer gain (Read 2097 times)
studentmember

unity buffer gain
Oct 09th, 2009, 2:35pm

hi! i have to design a unity buffer gain with a CMOS differential pair with current mirror as active load...how can i start to design it?...i'm inexpert student..and i don't find books that can help me...thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
Mayank
Community Fellow

Re: unity buffer gain
Reply #1 - Oct 9th, 2009, 2:46pm

Hi student,
               There's a pretty straight-forward way to design a opamp for unity buffer config. Opamp design is simple, you can choose any topology - differential/single-ended / 1stage/2stage OTA design.
          Two important things to keep in mind while designing unity gain buffers are :-
       1. ICMR and OCMR should overlap & should satisy your signal swing specs.
       2. Output CM level & I/p CM level should match / kept in mind while designing.

Fully Differential topology will allow you to place a good CMFB ckt to control output/input CM level.

Design of OTA is basic and you can use gm/id methodology for it.

Pls lemme know if you hv any  further queries.

regards,
Mayank.

View Profile   IP Logged
Mayank
Community Fellow

Re: unity buffer gain
Reply #2 - Oct 9th, 2009, 2:50pm

Also i would suggest you to go through chapter 9 on Opamp Design of 'Design and Analysis of CMOS Analog Integrated Circuits' by Behzad Razavi.

It contains a good enough anaylsis to start opamp design. Rest you can learn in the process of doing it.

-- Mayank.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.