The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 16th, 2024, 11:19pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ncvlog: *F,DLNOLK: Failed to get a exclusive lock on library 'mylibrary' ... (Read 12955 times)
jsun

ncvlog: *F,DLNOLK: Failed to get a exclusive lock on library 'mylibrary' ...
Oct 21st, 2009, 8:47am

After I finished verilog code synthesis by synopsys design compiler, I planned to run mixed signal simulation in cadence spectreVerilog. But I got the following errors while closing opened synthesized file in schematic.

ncvlog: 06.11-s004: (c) Copyright 1995-2007 Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
ncvlog: *F,DLNOLK: Failed to get a exclusive lock on library 'mylibrary' (No locks available)

Any help? thanks a lot!

View Profile   IP Logged
rajdeep

UK
Re: ncvlog: *F,DLNOLK: Failed to get a exclusive lock on library 'mylibrary' ...
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2009, 9:11am

Quote:
...while closing opened synthesized file in schematic..

Couple of qs: did you import your verilog netlist into cadence using verilogIn? and tried to close that schematic?

or did you try to close opened netlist i.e. verilog code?

Although,  ncvlog suggests verilog code...but then...

Rajdeep

Design is fun, verification is a requirement.
View Profile   IP Logged
jsun

Re: ncvlog: *F,DLNOLK: Failed to get a exclusive lock on library 'mylibrary' ...
Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2009, 7:32pm

yes, I imported verilog code through cadence verilogIn, and then I created the testbench and put the symbol which represents the codes in it. I can open its function through within testbench, and the error shows after I close the window which shows the functions (imported verilog codes).

View Profile   IP Logged
Riad KACED
Community Member

Swindon, UK
Reply #3 - Oct 22nd, 2009, 5:56am

Hi Jsun,

There might be a problem accessing the data in your file system mybe ...
In order to check your file system is all fine and running, please the following command:
Code:
nchelp  -lockcheck lockcheckFile 

If successful, the above should return:
File locking PASSED

If the above is OK, then you need to check your library for locking by running the following command:
Code:
ncpack -nocopyright –status mylibrary 

This would tell you the Read/Add flags status

You can unlock library by running:
Code:
ncpack -nocopyright –unlock mylibrary 

You can find more information about the unpack utility in the following PDF:
$IUSHOME/doc/ncvlog/ncvlog.pdf
I would advise running the:
Code:
cdnshelp -hierarchy $CDSHOME/doc 

I’m assuming your files are entirely managed in UNIX.

Hope these comments are useful. Please post further details otherwise

Cheers,
Riad.

Riad KACED
PDK, EDA Support Engineer.
View Profile   IP Logged
jsun

Reply #4 - Oct 22nd, 2009, 7:41am

Thanks a lot for the reply.

I could not pass nchelp  -lockcheck lockcheckFile, it replied as

nchelp: 06.11-s004: (c) Copyright 1995-2007 Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
File locking FAILED: No locks available

I am using the following linux version for server,

Linux version 2.6.18-92.1.6.el5xen (brewbuilder@norob.fnal.gov) (gcc version 4.1.2 20071124 (Red Hat 4.1.2-42)) #1 SMP

How can I fix the problem?

Thanks a lot!

View Profile   IP Logged
Riad KACED
Community Member

Swindon, UK
Reply #5 - Oct 22nd, 2009, 9:56am

Hi Jsun,

There is definitely something wrong in your system.
Secondly, your IUS verion is old, very old. I don't know whether this particular version is faulty but I would higly recommend moving toward latest IUS82 versions.

Anyway, I have done a bit of search and have managed to find as similar problem from the cdnshelp. It is actually in the VHDL KPNS doc ($IUSHOME/doc/ncvhdlKPNS/ncvhdlKPNS.html#1061304). It says the following (just a snippet, get the remaining from the doc):
Code:
[b]Description[/b]: In design environments where multiple systems are used and disks are shared over a network, there is the possibility that an incorrectly configured server will cause problems for the locking mechanism used by the NC tools.
A locking mechanism is used to ensure file integrity when multiple processes need to read/write from/to a common file. When the locking mechanism fails to gain a lock, the DLNOLK error is generated.

b]Solution[/b]: The server in question must be set up to support NFS locks. It is likely that the network is not set up correctly. To help troubleshoot this problem, the following utilities may be helpful.

My advice from now on is:
1. get yourself the new IUS82.
2. If still things don't work, although with the right network and file system, then you better get in touch with Cadence Customer Support.

That's all what I can say for no I'm afraid Sad

Cheers,
Riad.

Riad KACED
PDK, EDA Support Engineer.
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.