The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 8:37am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
odd behavior with trasition filter in Verilog-A / HSPICE (Read 2286 times)
bobr

odd behavior with trasition filter in Verilog-A / HSPICE
Dec 07th, 2009, 9:15pm

When I use the transition filter to model a digital signal, it works nicely - as long as I use zero delay. If I put a non-zero number into the optional delay argument, the filter delays the transitions, but then completely ignores the options for rise and fall times. It appears that rise/fall time become shortened to one or two simulator steps, if delay is specified. Here is how I use it:

Code:
  V(q)  <+ transition( state ? vhi : vlo, 0, trise, tfall);
  V(qb) <+ transition( state ? vhi : vlo, delta_t, trise, tfall); 

The output of q rises and falls as specified, but the output of qb does not. Is this possibly a bug in HSPICE, or am I missing something?

Thanks, Bob

FYI, I'm using HSPICE version: C-2009.09 64-BIT
and Verilog-A Compiler Version 1.83.100.080509

View Profile   IP Logged
patrick

Santa Rosa, CA.
Re: odd behavior with trasition filter in Verilog-A / HSPICE
Reply #1 - Dec 25th, 2009, 1:18pm

Hi Bob,

Can you provide the rest of the module and a simple netlist? then we can take a look. HSPICE should control the timestep to maintain the specified rise/fall times properly when a delay is used.

Patrick

View Profile   IP Logged
Ari

Israel
Re: odd behavior with trasition filter in Verilog-A / HSPICE
Reply #2 - Jan 19th, 2010, 5:44am

Bob,

I faced the very same bug with hSpice64 2009.09. Going back to 2009.03 resolved this issue.

I am working with Synopsys AE on creating test-case for this bug, and therefore would like to more information about the netlist in which this bug occured. Please contact me.

Ari

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.