The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 9:23pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Multiple Antenna GPS (Read 1185 times)
daver

Multiple Antenna GPS
Dec 10th, 2009, 12:52pm

Hey All,

I'm working on a design that makes use of a GPS module and I would like to build in a passive antenna locally as well as an SMA jack to allow for the connection of an active external antenna.  Basically I need to split the trace that feeds the 1.5GHz signal to the GPS module between a direct connection to a patch antenna and an SMA jack. It's probably important to note that power for the active antenna will be fed through the coax.

Is there any way to design in this functionality without an RF switch?  Alternatively, can anyone recommend a switch for this application?  I have a few candidates but am interested in alternatives.  

I intend to spend some more time researching this, so I'm just looking for a bit of direction or any thoughts that you might have.  Thanks for any help.

-d

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.