The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 18th, 2024, 2:03am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
calibre PEX not extracting properly (Read 5558 times)
aaron_do
Senior Fellow

calibre PEX not extracting properly
Mar 05th, 2010, 12:31am

Hi all,

I am trying to run calibre PEX on a design, but after extraction, when I try and simulate the circuit I get this error:

ERROR: Netlister: can't find the date XXXXXXX/XXXXXXXXXX/calibre was last extracted. None of the properties 'lastSchematicExtraction' or 'syLastExtraction' was found.
End netlisting Mar  5 16:32:57 2010
ERROR (OSSHNL): Error(s) found during netlisting. The netlist may be corrupt

I have run extraction on this design several times with no problems, however, after my most recent circuit changes, this happened. It is something to do with the PEX since the PEX normally completes with 34 warnings and 1 error but now it is completing with 0 warnings and 1 error (the error doesn't seem to be relevant). Furthermore, the PEX normally asks me to map certains device pins (I usually point the PEX to a copy of an old cellmap file which is periodically re-copied) in for the cellmap file, but now it isn't asking this.

I have tried everything, but I can't get the thing to work. It works for other designs, but it won't even work for a copy of this design.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks,
Aaron

P.S. the solution i found online is to check and save the schematics, but this doesn't seem to help.

there is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment - Nikola Tesla
View Profile   IP Logged
aaron_do
Senior Fellow

Re: calibre PEX not extracting properly
Reply #1 - Mar 5th, 2010, 7:08pm

I think this error is causing the problem. It occurs when the calibreview file is being generated.

*Error* dbFindMemInstByName: argument #2 should be a string (type template = "dt") - nil

anybody know what this is?

thanks,
Aaron

there is no energy in matter other than that received from the environment - Nikola Tesla
View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: calibre PEX not extracting properly
Reply #2 - Mar 8th, 2010, 2:17pm

It means that that function is being passed an argument of the wrong type when it's called.

You should contact Mentor Customer Support.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.