The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 9th, 2024, 1:28am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Question about noise type "sources" of Pnoise (Read 1709 times)
lunren
Community Member

Asia
Question about noise type "sources" of Pnoise
Mar 22nd, 2010, 5:48pm

Hi All,

I try to use type sources of pnoise to simulate the noise performance of a switched capacitor circuit, which includes reset and gain modes. I don't care about the noise in reset mode and only care about the noise in gain mode. I have the timedomain results, and want to compare the results with type sources.

In terms of type sources, I have two questions:
1) in order to get the noise in gain mode, should I add a verilogA model of sample&hold at the circuit's output to get the signal only in gain mode?
2) if without the sample&hold circuit, the rmsNoise value of the noise at the output of the circuit I got is the average value IN one PSS period, is that correct? If this is true, this rmsNoise value is the average value of reset and gain mode, it is not the pure noise of gain mode, right?

Here are some results I got for reference. According to timedomain simulation, the noise is about 610uV in gain mode, the sources (with sample&hold) simulation gives 634uV and the sources (without sample&hold) gives 475uV.

Thanks

Lunren

« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2010, 9:57pm by lunren »  

Best Regards,

Lunren
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.