The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 18th, 2024, 4:27am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Confusion about Ken's paper (Read 179 times)
lunren
Community Member

Asia
Confusion about Ken's paper
Mar 25th, 2010, 11:29am

Hi Ken,

http://www.designers-guide.org/Analysis/sc-filters.pdf

I was confused in page 22 (section 3.4) when I studied the above paper.

From the title of this section, I think unsmpldNoise means sources option and smpldNoise means timedomain option and these two analysis calculate the same output nodes (from netlist), right?

However in the picture12 (and also the section description), it seems the results were gotten from two different output nodes , one is unsampled node and the other is sampled node (with sample&hold?),
am I right?

I was confused about this. Can you clarify it for me?

Thanks,

Lunren

Best Regards,

Lunren
View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Re: Confusion about Ken's paper
Reply #1 - Mar 26th, 2010, 2:07am

They were two different nodes. At the time that paper was written the tdNoise feature was not available, so I actually put an idealized sample and hold in the circuit.

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
lunren
Community Member

Asia
Reply #2 - Mar 26th, 2010, 10:02am

Ken Kundert wrote on Mar 26th, 2010, 2:07am:
They were two different nodes. At the time that paper was written the tdNoise feature was not available, so I actually put an idealized sample and hold in the circuit.

-Ken

But in the LISTING 3, the netlist said that noisetype=timedomain. In that case, I assume that the netlist was updated however the simulation results (FIGURE 12) were gotten from older netlist?

Best Regards,

Lunren
View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Reply #3 - Mar 27th, 2010, 5:44pm

Yes, I believe you are correct. The time domain noise was added in a revision but paper was not fully updated.

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.