The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 16th, 2024, 8:25pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Write a SPICE model for monte carlo simulation? (Read 3327 times)
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Write a SPICE model for monte carlo simulation?
Apr 09th, 2010, 11:45pm

Hi Guys,

Some foundries provide SPICE models without monte carlo. If I want to edit the SPICE model and put process and mismatch variation, what can I do? Any software/literature on SPICE models for monte carlo simulation. Thanks in advance.

Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Write a SPICE model for monte carlo simulation?
Reply #1 - Apr 11th, 2010, 2:33am

Documentation in whatever simulator you're using? http://www.designers-guide.org/Modeling/montecarlo.pdf?

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
ray_wang

Shanghai
Re: Write a SPICE model for monte carlo simulation?
Reply #2 - Apr 11th, 2010, 7:11pm

I think you'd better find some foundry that provides the file and see how they write. Even if you know some grammer, you still don't know what parameters are key in monte-carlo simulation, especially models vary from foundry to foundry.

Definitely you can guess some important parameters, like vth and beta, but it does not accurately predict. I guess you just want some academic simulation or you want to tell the foundry how much mismatch is tolerable in your design.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.