The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 18th, 2024, 1:20pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Problems ("Failed Attempt to ..") with SDF with the ams simulator in cadence ade (Read 3328 times)
Cmb83

Problems ("Failed Attempt to ..") with SDF with the ams simulator in cadence ade
Jun 09th, 2010, 10:01am

Hi all,

I am relativly new in the field of mixed-signal asic design and currently
working on my master thesis.

In my project I am working with the Hit-Kit 4.00 (austria microsystems) and use the c35 technology.

After synthesized my vhdl code with the encounter rtl compiler, i also
generated an sdf file with the command "write_sdf". My next task is to do an post synthesys simulation with the generated verilog gate level netlist with some analog circuits. For this reason i imported the verilog
file in cadence virtuoso and referenced the c35_CORELIB.v file wich comes frome the Hit-Kit vendor.

After doing successful simulations without backanotated the sdf file I referenced the sdf file in the ams simulator options with an sdf command file.

But after starting the simulation the elaborator produced this error:

ncelab: *W,SDFNET: Failed Attempt to annotate to non-existent timing check (REMOVAL (posedge RN) (posedge C) ()) of instance ... DFEC1

for nearly all instances.  :'(

I have no idea how to fix it. I only think it has something to do with maybe different element discriptions of the standard cells in the c35_CORELIB.v and de SDF file.

It would be great if somebody has and idea or solution how to solve my problems.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Mike

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.