The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Mar 28th, 2024, 2:44pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Simulation results not stored after 184ms (Read 5061 times)
iep

Simulation results not stored after 184ms
Jul 02nd, 2010, 4:19am

I am running some simple simulations on a very basic block comprising a few switches and some large resistors and caps. Due to the size of the resistors and caps, the time constants invloved are very long (up to 1 second). So, my transient simulaiton time is set to 1 second.

The problem is that when I plot the waveforms (or print the data points) the data stops at 184ms. The issue is not related to number of data points as I have used the strobe and maxstep settings to force a smaller or greater number of points. Whether I force 1000 or 100000 points, the data always stops at 184ms.

I should add that the output log reports no errors or warnings and shows that the simulation has run for the full 1 second. I have tried both the Wavescan and AWD calculators/vieres and the simple directplot functions.

I have also added a clock source to the sim so that there is a voltage node that varies constantly, but this has made no difference.

Can anyone advise? Is there a max sim length setting that I am missing?

Cheers.

View Profile   IP Logged
pancho_hideboo
Senior Fellow

Real Homeless
Re: Simulation results not stored after 184ms
Reply #1 - Jul 2nd, 2010, 5:04am

iep wrote on Jul 2nd, 2010, 4:19am:
Due to the size of the resistors and caps, the time constants invloved are very long (up to 1 second).
So, my transient simulaiton time is set to 1 second.
................................................................................
The problem is that when I plot the waveforms (or print the data points) the data stops at 184ms.
Show me simulator's name, vendor's name and version of simulator which you use.

Confirm data size. Is it 2GByte ?
See http://www.designers-guide.org/Forum/YaBB.pl?num=1235309563/1#1

« Last Edit: Jul 2nd, 2010, 6:32am by pancho_hideboo »  
View Profile WWW Top+Secret Top+Secret   IP Logged
oermens
Community Member

Reply #2 - Jul 2nd, 2010, 9:39am

Assuming  you use spectre simulator and WaveScan from IC5141, add this to your .cshrc (or whatever your environment setup script is).

setenv PSF_WRITE_CHUNK_MODE_ON true

Make sure your output format is PSF, this doesn't work for SST2. If you are using IC61x then it may be something else, I have not have this problem with ViVA as it has no size limitation. If you still have the simulation results and they are in SST2 format you can use SimVision.

View Profile   IP Logged
iep

Reply #3 - Jul 5th, 2010, 1:26am

False alarm. After reebooting the machine I was running on, all is well.

For the record, was using Cadence ICFB 5.1.41

iep

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.