The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 4th, 2024, 7:01am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Estimation of jitter transfer bandwidth of an Injection locked oscillator (Read 2883 times)
anubhuti

Estimation of jitter transfer bandwidth of an Injection locked oscillator
Aug 08th, 2010, 12:03pm

I am trying to simulate the Jitter filtering/transfer BW of an injection locked oscillator. I could get an estimate of the lock range of the ILO by using strobing in transient simulation(as mentioned by Ken in a post).

I am wondering about what would be the best way to be able to plot the Jitter filtering BW(or the offset frequency upto which the Injection locked oscillator follows the input signal phase noise and jitter characteristics). Can an ILO be treated as a driven system with synchronous jiiter instead of accumulated jitter? I would like to obtain the phase/jitter transfer function from input to output and from ILO's own phase to output(both of these are complementary).

I tried looking at the oscillator phase noise with an injected signal at the input and also with another oscillator at the input whose signal is buffered and then injected into the injection locked oscillator. In the pnoise simulation , I did not specify a source though and ran two different pss simulations selecting the outputs of the driving oscillator and the driven oscillator as nodes for the phase noise plot. I am not too sure if this comparison makes sense and models the system properly.

Any comments or help will be appreciated. Thanks!

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.