The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 3rd, 2024, 8:56pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Different temperatures for different blocks (Read 1759 times)
cgt

Stockholm
Different temperatures for different blocks
Aug 26th, 2010, 2:10am

Hi,
I would like to apply different temperatures to two large blocks in the same simulation. I prefer not to go into each device and change tdelta since there are thousands of components.
Is there a way of doing so by adding some sort of parameter to the two subckt's?
I am using spectre simulator in Cadence 5.1.

Kindly/ CG

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Different temperatures for different blocks
Reply #1 - Jan 2nd, 2011, 9:41am

This can be done in ADE XL in IC61, using the "MTS" (Multi-Technology Simulation" capability. It allows different models or temperatures to be given to different blocks. It's intended to support cases where you have multiple chips (say) on different processes which may use models which have the same name - you can scope the models to part of the circuit hierarchy - and at the same time, apply different temperatures to each.

Since it requires the netlisting to be done differently (using lexical scoping), it's only supported in IC61.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.