The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 17th, 2024, 6:34am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Spectre-Verilog simulation problem (Read 3363 times)
Daniel Lai

Taipei
Spectre-Verilog simulation problem
Oct 14th, 2010, 7:59pm

Hi all,
Thanks for your attention.
I have a problem about spectre-verilog simulation in a hierarchical circuit. This hierarchy includes schematic (MOS,R,L,C), verilog-A RTL, and verilog RTL, which is shown in attached figure 1.
The top cell is created by hierarchy editor as a config view, and set up the mix-signal partition and interface correctly.
The problem is when I correctly set the input of Vin (pulse signal), Clock (pulse signal), and register input (logic high/low), the verilog RTL output is always zero. This is found that the verilog code were not operated correctly by input signal, and was debugged by following way, which is shown in figure 2.
We descend the top cell and disconnect the input signal to verilog, and create the same source inside the top cell for verilog. Then the verilog output is correct this time.
Does anyone know if there is any limitation in spectre-verilog simulation about hierarchy, please kindly advice me, thanks.
Daniel

debug_verilog.PNG
View Profile   IP Logged
Daniel Lai

Taipei
Re: Spectre-Verilog simulation problem
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2010, 7:14pm

This problem was found the interface of mixed signal was not setup correctly at top level.
The mixed signal interface of a hierarchical architecture should be set up at all of analog-digital interface.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.