The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 4th, 2024, 3:11pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
on-chip inductor design ads momentum or sonnet? (Read 3784 times)
rfmems

on-chip inductor design ads momentum or sonnet?
Oct 21st, 2010, 6:28am

I have been using momentum for a while. One college from another university told me they are using sonnet and are very satisfied with the simulation results. If you have used both, could you please give a brief comparison, thanks.

View Profile   IP Logged
RFICDUDE
Community Fellow

Re: on-chip inductor design ads momentum or sonnet?
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2010, 7:18pm

I have not used both, but I have used Momentum and I have talked with others who have used Sonnet. Generally, they are both good. The proof, though, is in how well each compares with real hardware results when accurate physical parameters are provided.

I have designed inductors that went into production using Momentum results and I have talked with engineers who have VCO inductors in production that were well modeled using Momentum. That is not to say anything negative about Sonnet because I simply have not used the tool.

Hopefully others with Sonnet experience will chime in and share their experience.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.