The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 16th, 2024, 7:48pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PSS+PAC and PSS+PXF (Read 3815 times)
LSD

PSS+PAC and PSS+PXF
Oct 28th, 2010, 12:36am

I simulated a LNA+Mixer's voltage conversion gain versus RF frequency,the large signal LO is 2.4GHz the small signal RF is 2.402GHz, when I use PSS+PAC the Gain is 24.45dB,but 20dB in PSS+PXF analyse,they are not equal,why?

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Re: PSS+PAC and PSS+PXF
Reply #1 - Oct 28th, 2010, 9:13am

In PAC, the sideband is specified relative to the input, in PXF it is specified relative to the output, so in general you would not use the same sideband to simulate the same game term in the different analyses. What did you specify for the desired sideband in the two analyses?

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
LSD

Reply #2 - Oct 28th, 2010, 6:37pm

Ken Kundert wrote on Oct 28th, 2010, 9:13am:
In PAC, the sideband is specified relative to the input, in PXF it is specified relative to the output, so in general you would not use the same sideband to simulate the same game term in the different analyses. What did you specify for the desired sideband in the two analyses?

-Ken

in PAC I set the "input frequency sweep range" as "single-point" at 2.402GHz.in PXF I set the "output frequency sweep range" as "single point" at 2MHz

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Reply #3 - Oct 28th, 2010, 11:57pm

And what sidebands are you observing?

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.