The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 20th, 2024, 10:37pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ADE netlist and run: can't find hdl.var (Read 681 times)
RF2RTLitsAllGood

ADE netlist and run: can't find hdl.var
Oct 30th, 2010, 4:41am

To anyone who can help,

I am trying to follow the Cadence tutorial: AMS in Virtuoso.
I am using IC611 and IUS82.
When I try running the simulation the simulator quits. When I view the NCVLOG log error it complains about not finding the hdl.var required for setting up the verilog simulator. I have place an hdl.var file in the directory I invoked virtuoso from and in my home directory (both included in the setup.loc file) I have also defined the path for this file in CIW's ams compiler options. This path is then defined in the ams.env file in the working directory. I have found that further down in my working directory, where the spectre simulation files are located, there is another ams.env file which has information relevant to the simulation I am trying to run. I have tried adding the hdl.var path to this ams.env file. But when I run the simulator this file is recreated, thus over writing my changes.

Does anyone know where I can specify the path to hdl.var in ADE to run AMS simulations with spectre? Or does anyone know where I can put the hdl.var file so the tools can find it?

If you need anymore information please let me know.

Thank you,

Brian
RF2RTLitsAllGood

View Profile   IP Logged
jerome_ams
Community Member

Re: ADE netlist and run: can't find hdl.var
Reply #1 - Nov 8th, 2010, 7:45am

Hi,

U could try to define your hdl.var from the ADE GUI itself, under Simulation-> Options -> Compiler -> hdl.var

Hope it helps,
jerome

View Profile   IP Logged
RF2RTLitsAllGood

Re: ADE netlist and run: can't find hdl.var
Reply #2 - Nov 14th, 2010, 4:45am

Thank you that helped.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.