The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 4th, 2024, 4:58pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Assura: Join nets with different names (Read 4759 times)
rho

Belgium
Assura: Join nets with different names
Nov 12th, 2010, 1:57am

Hi all,

I have a sub-cell layout with separated bulk and GND routings. So the source and bulk for all NMOS is routed separated and both lines have different netnames. Now there is a p-well that is conneted to the GND line and Assura sees that as a soft connect between bulk and GND (which in fact it is) and this generates errors.
Is there a way to connect these two nets just for LVS checks and not in the layout?
Is there a function where I can connect the GND-net with the bulk-net? I know the "joinablenet" function but this only works for nets with the same name.

Thanks for your help!

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
bernd

Munich/Germany
Re: Assura: Join nets with different names
Reply #1 - Nov 19th, 2010, 8:08am

You could use the changeLabel function
and do something like
changeLabel( "gnd1" "commongnd:G" )
changeLabel( "gnd2" "commongnd:G" )
Then you should be alble to join the nets.

* bernd

Just another lonesome cad guy
rho

Belgium
Re: Assura: Join nets with different names
Reply #2 - Jun 21st, 2011, 5:08am

Hi Bernd,
Sorry for the late reply. I wasn't aware of your response. (forgot to activate the notification  :-[ ).

Does this mean that the nets in the layout as well as in the schematic are renamed for the checks (but not in the actual schematic and/or layout)? Or does it only work for the layout side of the design?

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.